Friday 2 May 2014

Your room!

Good morning friends...

Im back with the next instalment for LOAD and today the prompt was about bedrooms.
Im not interested in scalping my past, which is what this months LOAD is supposed to be about so instead I'm changing the prompts to suit myself and am using current photos to make my layouts.


*This was my inspiration for todays page, just love the elements of mess and the simple colour scheme. I found it on pinterest and you can find the link for it here.


*This is where i started todays layout. Mr Huey's neon mini mist splurged randomly onto a plain white 12x12. I also painted a little onto the edges of the page.

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: to get extra large blobs dip a wide paint brush into the open pot of mist and allow the brush to soak up quite a bit of the ink. then just let them drip off where needed. This is much easier than trying to paint them or get big blobs using the end of the spray bottle.


* I found some plain green paper in my scrap bag which matches the mist perfectly. I trimmed this to mat the photo but not squarely.


* I repeated this step with a patterned black scrap. This lifts the whole set away from the background with a bit of depth.


* next I chose to add in some mess. I used a chevron background stamp by Indigo Blu to add some detail. I didn't cover it fully in black in tho as I wanted it to look worn, i even used the same ink twice to get a faded  look.

* I like how this looks over the top of the green mist, it adds another dimension  and makes it fit together nicely.


* next I added some washi tape, I wouldn't normally put a creamy colour with white but for this page it seemed to work. i think the randomness of the washi helps :)


* A title gives the page purpose, I ALWAYS add titles to my pages.


* this is the finished page for today. I added a raised star to link up the random painted area with the title and a circle die cut to join the title with the photo. Overall I'm quite pleased with it :)

Thanks for looking xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment