Wednesday 28 May 2014

Bad habit

Good morning!

Today I started with this sketch over at scrapbook challenges , this was number 395 and i love it! I turned it sideways and added a little extra but it still looks like the sketch.... doesn't it?!?!?


* Once Id chosen my papers I cut circles from this pink patterned one and added them around the layout, i added 3 instead of 2 as it works better for me. 

* the title came quite easily and i loved using this new studio calico puffy alphabet. I wanted it to overlap a few of the elements so that it brought them together as one.


* I added a second title spot, which can either be read as a whole title or 2 separate sub titles. The washi tape has stars on which i thought followed the theme of sleeping. 


* here is the photo of the journalling in case you may fancy a little light reading :)


* In the finished shot, you can see how the washi is a major feature of the design of the page and how having 3 circles balances out the colour.

* Since Lain Ehmann's seminar on telling the story Im feeling that I need to tell more of this on my layouts. This page has a split story where you see both sides of the coin from my perspective.

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: Express yourself! if you can't be honest to yourself and to your children when they grow up then whats the point in making albums at all? Saying what you feel allows the reader a little bit into your life, and they take a way a piece of you which is what I do this for. 

I hope you will join me again tomorrow.... who knows what that may bring xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment