Saturday 17 May 2014

better late than never

Good morning blog readers!!!

Im so sorry to have missed my very first day yesterday, it was a busy one for me and i just ran out of steam towards the end.

Im also a bit late in scrapping todays photo.... christmas in May anyone?!?!

The original design was by Shellye McDaniel and you can find that here on the bella blvd blog 
You'll notice come the end that mine didn't end up much like hers but thats where i started.


* Once I'd chosen my patterned papers to layer up I made some banners. Although I do have the Stampin Up banner punch, i decided I wanted smaller banners so I chose to use the triangle punch, also by SU to punch these woodgrain banner pieces from

* I chose to sew them on to give them a more authentic feel.


* Over the bottom strip of patterned paper I added my title. I quite like the tone on tone woodgrain but appreciate that this might not work in all cases.

*TOP TIP OF THE DAY: My woodgrain paper that runs vertically under the floral paper is actually just 2, 2" strips made to look like it spans the distance.
This is beneficial when you only have little pieces of a pattern that you want to use... you don't see the middle bit anyways


* I received this journalling card in a surprise box from Sarah's cards, it works perfectly with this page and so I had to use it right away.


* I used ribbon and the star pin from my very new studio calico kit.

* I chose to make a ribbon christmas tree which are similar to some ribbon tree decorations that i bought from a friend last christmas, they are so easy to make, give them a go!


* As I said at the beginning, nothing like the original but thats what i love about scrapping. its about taking an idea and making it your own.

* I had attempted the top and bottom large pennants but it just didn't look right to my eye so i abandoned that idea, the natural splats of the background paper fill in any awkward gaps that may have been left as I didn't put them on.

* hopefully have time to play later, maybe see you then xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment