Thursday 22 May 2014

A sign of the times

The title of todays LOAD prompt and a perfect sub title for todays page that became of it....

Firstly i used a sketch by the lovely ladies over at ScrapMuch? blog... take a look there , see what you think. I found this a fews days ago and knew it would be one that i wanted to do sometime soon and today was that time.


* I used photos of my girls taking selfies as if this isn't a sign of our time then i don't know what is!


* I randomly picked the aqua/green background paper to start with and built it from there, Green isn't a colour that i usually work with but I think the pink contrasts nicely against it and the black makes it pop.


* The title says everything you need to know should you be flipping through the album, but the journalling adds a little bit of me to the page should you have the time to read it.

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: when doing really long titles, the majority of the time you will run you of the letters that are most common... a good way to combat this is to mix the upper and lower case from the beginning of the title. This way it looks intentional and not like you just needed to use capitals towards the end because you ran out.


* I added a few vellum circles, layered with more aqua circles so that I could add journalling to the page. I did add an extra one in tho as I work strongly on the three points rule so as a personal preference i just felt that I needed to have another there.


* Im quite pleased with it, the only thing i would change might be the green cameras.... I'm not sure they work particularly well even tho they do tie in with the story!!!

Thanks for supporting me and returning to my blog on a regular basis... I really appreciate all of your comments and followings, it really makes my day xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment