Tuesday 13 May 2014

The best!

Good afternoon crafters!

Lets get straight down to business today!

Ive used a challenge post from Page drafts to get me started on this first page. Its called the 'one of a kind' challenge and they give you guidelines that you must abide to to be entered into their competition.

So heres how my my entry came about:


* these were the papers that I initially chose to use on my layout


* I added a splash of green to brighten it up a bit, but went back to great for the strip so as not to add too much colour


* I went for a thin red banner piece to tie in with their helpmeets and jumpers and added grey banners again to make it more subtle. the stars and speech bubble help to bring the colours closer and are used to make the triangle to surround my photo.


* I added a blue title that matched Michaels jumper, I had to use this with alphas rather than papers as that blue is really hard to match up with ANY paper range!


* As you can see in this final picture I matted my photos on the same dark grey that i used to mat the layout in, repetition is good!!!

* I copied the sketch as closely as I could, however my style doesn't  accommodate lots of embellishment so it is the sketch but on a basic scale :)

* looking at it here I wish I had chosen a different middle banner on the grey as it gets lost and is slightly off putting up to the other pepper choices, but other than that i like it. I don't expect it too win but I had fun making the page!

thanks for dropping by today, I hope to se you again soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment