Saturday 24 May 2014

school spirit!


A very quick and simple page for today.... and featuring Michael last year on his school camp.

I started with a sketch by October afternoon, that can be found HERE on their blog.
I knew I wanted to use the majority of Michael's leftover camp pictures on this page, to show an overall view of what he had done. This sketch seemed perfect for it, go check it out x


* I tried first of all on a kraft piece of cardstock but the ink that I applied looked awful. when i found this patterned paper I decided to approach it differently.

* with my pictures placed (not stuck) where I wanted them, I drew a rectangle in pencil around them, I then inked over the top of this with my ink dauber and then, to add texture, I sewed over the top again.


* When i was happy, i adhered my photos and added a title.

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: A boxed title word (camp) works as well as it being straight. don't be afraid to stack the letters up as they will still read well.
the word CAMP didn't fit where I wanted it to go and it overlapped the photo too much if I put it out in a line, so this trick worked perfectly for me today.


* I ummed and erred about where I would place the journalling on this page. I even toyed with a journalling card for a while but just ended up slotting it down the right hand side of the page.


* I hopefully balanced the text out with the arrows and the stitching that falls on the left.

As I said, a very easy one for today, but I'm pleased that i got so many photos on one page, its not too often that I use more than one, so 7 is AWESOME!

See you tomorrow xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment