Tuesday 6 May 2014

green lemonade

Good morning.....

Todays LOAD prompt was misheard lyrics... I changed it up a little so that i could scrap elsie and her inability to say lemonade.... she calls it lenomade!


* came across this beautiful layout on pinterest by Becki Adams. Please pop over and take a look at how she did it when you've got a moment!

* I love the bright happy colours and those large chevrons pointing at the subject photo, I wanted to do the same.


* I started by splashing my Mr Hueys Neon colours over my page. I used green, yellow and orange to tie in with the colours in my photograph.


* I then cut myself a template for my chevrons. I used this to recreate the same shape in many different patterned papers.


Once I had placed them all down and was happy with it I used my sewing machine to sew through their centres.

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: Always secure your pepper / embellishment down with glue before sewing over it. this ensures that it will not move when your machine start to go.


* I added extra wide washi to embellish the top and bottom of the layout. I folded it over as it was too wide for what I needed but was the perfect colour and design to match my page. 

* I had a spare chevron left over so I added it here just to point you in the right direction.


* I would have loved a swirly title like Becki added but I didn't have anything like that and i was being too lazy to go and cut one so i used some thickers in different fonts to recreate the two tone title. 

* I added my journalling here to bridge the gap between the title and the chevrons. 


* As the photo was taken at a different time to that of which i based my journalling I added the date of which the pic was taken to the side of the photo.


* I added a little orange heart to the chevron at the top of my page and as you can see I sewed through this one to mimic the below pattern. 


* To finish off I added a couple more orange hearts to make a triangle and now I'm happy :)

I hope you like it too, Id love to hear what you think xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment