Monday 19 May 2014

when i grow up....

LOAD topic fits perfectly in with our topics at home this week so a good time to scrap about Dan and what he sees in his future.

I started this one off with this sketch by scrap & play.:


* this was their very first challenge so pop on over and show them some love if you like what you see!


I really loved this paper which included this alphabet strip, so that was my deciding factor on size of strips. I added sewing on the paper itself for detail and i also sewed around the edge for consistency.


* I used a new alphabet by Jillibean soup as my title, its quite lovely!

* I didn't place it where the sketch said I should, this was because I didn't have 2 photos to fill the gaps So I made a title block to replace one.

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: Title blocks are great fillers! If you need to fill a large space, if you happen be unhappy with white space (unlike me) these are perfect. they can be as little or large as you like and have a purpose.

*Like with mine, you can also make them into a pocket to hold your journalling!


* I made tags to put inside of my title block pocket. these show the jobs that Dan is interested in working towards.


* As additional journalling, and to explain the tags, I added journalling strips to the bottom of the page... this also fits in with the sketch.


* again to keep in line with the sketch I added some orange chevrons... each pointing towards the photo.


* Im very pleased with how this turned out. Its quite similar to the sketch, apart from a few minor changes but thats good for me lol.

see you tomorrow xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment