Monday 23 June 2014

spots are hot

Good Afternoon!!

I'm carrying on, making my way through Shimelle Laine's challenge weekend posts, I'm on number three which was another sketch.


* When I chose this particular set of photos I knew the title I would use before I made the page.

* I wanted there HOT to be in pink to match the shoes and I would have loved a navy alpha for the rest but as I didn't have a navy alpha I went with black, it goes with everything :)



* These are the bits I was really looking forward to re-creating when i saw the sketch.... I haven't used my sewing machine in a few weeks and i saw potential in the borders of this layout.

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: sketches are there to be interpreted in your own way.... normally I would immediately have assumed that these sections needed to be paper, but i wanted to trey something different and so I sewed the strips, it was only after that i chose to fill a couple with washi tape to bring in some colour.

* the heart is duplicated in 3 places to make a triangle around the set of pictures, they are cream and not white like the paper but in this case I think it works.


* My journalling, which was not in this location in the sketch but it fitted well here for me. Also note the second heart.


* the finished layout.

* I added the third heart above the date, which i forgot to include in the journalling.

* I love this very minimal page as its definitely all about the pictures!!!

Thanks for dropping by, see you soon xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment