Monday 9 June 2014

CREATIVE BLOG HOP

Good Morning Scrappers!!!

EEEEEkkkk...... So todays post is slightly different to my usual.....its my turn to carry on this blog hop in honour of creativity!! 
I was asked to participate in this blog hop by the lovely and talented Danielle  A.K.A Ecoscrapper a couple of weeks back... the idea is to pass on the joy of what can be made with a little inspiration and a few pretty things :) 

Please read on to find out a little about me and then to see who I have tagged to carry the torch on for next week!

1. What am I working on?



With LOAD now long gone I'm left to my own devices.... so currently on my desk I have this as my view:



* This is the page I'm currently trying to piece together. It only started with those frames as I was trying out what my new Cricut Explore can do, so I cut them out and as I didn't want to waste them I decided to use them on a page right away.

* the stars are also cut on the explore, definitely a good purchase if you would use it a lot.

* I would like to be able to say I'm working on this album or that album but truth be told, i don't scrap in any order, I just use photos that i like at the moment that I like them.
If you could see the overflow boxes of pages that won't fit in any of my albums! and yet I have 32 albums and they are all full to bursting. I must love my hobby!!!

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?



* I'm not sure that it does?!?? I guess the only way in which i can separate myself from other people that scrapbook is that my pages are ALL DIFFERENT!



* See how this page is very clean.. hard straight lines and minimal patterned paper with a splash of paint and stamping, To this:


* A page full of pattern and colours, very busy but still with the focal point of the photographs.

* I do like to try new things and I'm not afraid to get messy, or on the other hand use white space. Im kind of an all rounder and I surprise myself from one page to the next with how they change in style. 

3. Why do I write/create what I do?



* I can honestly say that I scrapbook because of how much I LOVE it!


* My main reason for starting scrapbooking tho was for my children, I want them to remember all of the fun we had when they were growing up and I want them to know how much they are loved.... I tell them i love them everyday but other feelings may not be spoken about as often as they should.

* I want to preserve their memories but maybe by adding my point of view, so that when they are older and have children of their own they will see what we did, what we went through and I'm mainly looking forward to them being able to compare their behaviours with those of their babies!

4. How does your writing/creating process work?


* If you ever have the time to read my journalling you will see that i write as if I'm talking to the person / people in the photograph. by doing this i can focus on what it is I want to tell them about the pictures and I can also express my feelings to them without it just being a bunch of words on a page.


* As for creative process.... I tend to work in this order::
- choose a sketch or inspirational piece
- choose the photos
- Papers, but only as i go along, I don't go through my stash and pull everything i want at once, i tend to do this as i work my way through the design process.
- Title
- embellishments
- Journalling

* sometimes I have a photograph, or set of, that I really want to work with and in this case my first and second steps will swap places, but this is my general go to process.

Seriously thats plenty about me. Let's learn about the three people who are up next on Monday, June 16th

Di Willcox: I've chosen Di as my first blog stop as she's a great inspiration to me and an even better friend. Di is a serial experimenter! what she can't do with paper definitely can't be done :), heres what she has to say about herself:

Hi, my name is Di and I live with my husband, Rob, our 2 children, Molly and Luke, my 3 stick insects, and Molly's bunny, Blue. 
I work from home as a childminder and am known in my circle of childminding friends as The Crafty Queen, the one they turn to for craft ideas! 
In my spare time, I like to play, experiment and construct with paper. I love a good challenge and finding new ways to make things if I can't find the instructions :)


Karen Boughton:  I've chosen Kaz as my second blog stop as she's just AWESOME! 
Kaz is one of the most talented ladies I've ever met and although we do slightly different crafts I am always in awe of her work and as often as I can I try to use Kaz's inspiration and style in my own pages. Karen mainly does art journalling and heres what she has to say about herself:

I live by myself, by the sea. I've had ME since 1999 and this has led me to discover that I have a creative side, despite failing art O level!!!!


Anne: As well as being creatively inspiring, Anne is also inspiring to me as a person.... she currently has her own life struggles and yet still lives her life to the max. Im amazed at her strength and ability to keep crafting through the roughest of times!!! Heres what Anne has to say about herself:

Mother to one boy and wife to one....much larger and older boy, I've committed to preserving my little families  memories for the past 7 years.
I'm very comfortable making masculine pages, but I keep a stash of paper flowers just in case.
I'm also a bit of a challenge junkie, which is of course the focus of my blog. Of course the flip side of this is that I love to read other peoples blogs: so if you think you have something pretty awesome to share, let me know that i should follow you too!

* I hope you've enjoyed learning a little more about me today, please visit my 3 inspirations and be sure to bookmark them so that you can find out more about them this time next week!!!


See you tomorrow, when things will be back to normal :)  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment