Wednesday 2 July 2014

Come fly away with me

Good Afternoon ladies!!!

Ive got to admit, scrapping today has been difficult...over the past week my mojo has done a runner!!!
Luckily my besets friend has helped me try and overcome my slump by making me craft with her via Skype.... heres what came of that:

It started with this pinterest link which Carole and I both loved...


* Not the first thing that i started with but something that is important to the page.

* As its a layout about being in a hot air balloon, i thought it would be fitting to use the original idea and have a silhouette of the city landscape on here somewhere. I used my new Cricut Explore to cut this one that i found on the internet for free!!!!


* A perfect embellishment to match my photographs, also adds a pop of red to match my other PERFECT embellishment...


* My other perfect embellishment (three for three).... I could not do my first balloon page without adding this beauty!!!


* I made myself a pocket as its important to have journalling to tell the story of the day, I added an extra black tag to mount the 'life is good' statement on as it looked a bit floaty on its own.

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: creating pockets is easy especially when you are layering papers.

*Simply add glue, I use double sided tape, to both sides of the bottom piece taking into consideration how big the item is that you want to put into your pocket, you must also remember to tape across the bottom so that things do not fall out.


* This is how it turned out.... I added a gold doily to match the gold shiny spots of the paper, to me it also symbolises the sun that was out that evening.

* I usually use the colours in my photos to choose my papers etc but today i didn't.... I'm not sure if this has worked for me or against me but at least i have scrapped....

Hopefully we will be doing more tomorrow so i might see you again then, ta ta for now xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment