Sunday 22 June 2014

the date day rules

Good morning scrappers!!

I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend and enjoying the sunshine, I know I am :)

This page continues along Shimelles challenge list, this one is for challenge 2 which was entitled 'your significant other'.

I combined this with a sketch over at creative scrappers, sketch 271... make sure to visit both of these places to get some inspiration from the experts!!


* With such a centralised design I knew from the beginning that I wanted a longer title to stretch across the middle. I did the main part "date day" in larger letters and the surrounding title pieces in a tiny type alpha to stretch it out.


* Can you believe this is the only bit of hand written journalling I've done on this page?!?!!?!

* there wasn't really a massive story behind this picture, other than i took it whilst we were out so I took my layout in a different direction and just added the date and place for future reference.


* I don't often use gems but i think they fit this page and colourings beautifully. layered on top of the stitching they add interest to an otherwise boring line.


* An extra word piece at the bottom of the page, not only does it sum up our date but also the rules!

* More stitching creates a continuing theme through the page and makes it easier flowing.


* Did I cheat a little by using alphabet stickers instead of handwriting the rules?!?!

* TOP TIP OF THE DAY: If you have letters use them.... Im not a great one at saving products for best or something special, if something works then I tend to use it no matter how long I've had it or how much I've paid for it.

* I knew I wouldn't be happy with my handwriting scribbled across the whole page and I knew it would be too small to make any impact so this time around I opted for an alphabet to do the talking for me.

Thanks for your time, enjoy the rest of your weekend and i hope to see you again soon xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment